Saturday, March 12, 2011

Weird Things...

Here are some things I made that came out successfully and not at the same time...

So, this doesn't look too bad does it? Yeah, I think it looks pretty darn good. But it wasn't that great, sadly. It's just a veggie soup with turkey meatballs and farfalle. It was kind of bland, but edible. One thing I must remember: cooked pasta does not fair well in the freezer. I made a big batch of this, put it in the freezer, and when I microwaved it... bleh the consistency of the pasta just turned horrendous. I couldn't eat it after that.

Here's a meal that was pretty good, flavor-wise. It is just some chicken thighs that I marinated in some type of sauce. Pretty sure the sauce was on the sweeter side (no surprise there). But the chicken came out kind of tough because I think the thigh meat is best for low and slow cooking. And the skin was really thick and kind of chewy...

So this was not too bad. But we all know that again, ribs are best when they're done low and slow. I didn't have the patience for that. But the flavor was pretty good. It was a spicy/sweet combo. On top are some julienned korean peppers and sliced almonds. I really like the almost licorice-like element the raw korean pepper added, and the almonds gave it some good nutty notes.

I think the biggest thing to learn here is that you can have something that tastes good, but it won't go as far as it could go without the right texture. I have to remember to have more patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment