Saturday, March 12, 2011

Randoms That I Don't Have Recipes For!

I had this when I was in the city again at a hotel restaurant called Niles, I think. It was quite a while ago but I remember I liked it. It is a grilled sea bass filet on top of asparagus with lobster ravioli. I believe the ravioli pasta part had some squid ink in it, hence the dark stripes. Unfortunately, I don't quite remember what the yellow sauce was... All in all, a really good meal!

This is an apple-squash soup that I made with my friend, Brighton, when she visited me for her spring break. As far as making soups go, it wasn't that hard. I don't quite remember what the ingredients were but, obviously there was apple and squash in it. I also think there was a good amount of cheddar cheese in it. This soup was the kind you puree in a blender. Topped with chives, it was pretty delicious and I'm quite proud that we were able to pull it off!

Chiba's!! Oh, how that first visit changed my life. Chiba's is a restuarant in LA (North Hollywood on Saticoy Blvd.) and it has some of the best sushi I've had. Well it was great the first time anyways. Subsequent visits haven't wow'd me like that first time but it has still been consistently delicious. Especially that salmon toro and the scallop with the sauce. The salmon was melt-in-your-mouth delicious, with buttery notes, and the scallop was good, but especially when paired with that light sauce. Can't wait to go again!

Scoops is a delicous little ice-creamery right on LACC's campus. This place always has new inventive flavors. Pictured is what I think was Brown Butter and Blackberry, but I'm not quite sure. The ice cream is always soft and at the perfect texture/consistency, in contrast with the rock-hard ice cream that some places dish out. I really want to try the Olive Oil flavor, and other new flavors they might have now. I believe there is a board that customers can write new flavor ideas on... I think I've suggested garlic--I wonder if they tried it??

No comments:

Post a Comment