Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ravioli and White Mushroom Sauce

Mmm, mmmmm... I love Italian food. I'm no Italian food connoisseur, but I know what I like! Tonight I had an appetite for pasta but not a lot of spare time because next week is going to be busy, busy, busy, with preparing for tests and writing essays, etc. So needless to say, I needed to do something quick. Thankfully, the dish I prepared had its main components ready-made (hey, I'm a college kid!). This first time around, the sauce was a bit lumpy from my lack of judgment (too much flour!). But hopefully, I've made the necessary adjustments for the next time around, which there certainly will be!

Ingredients
About 5 ready-made spinach and ricotta ravioli (or whatever kind of filling you want)
Tblspn oil
4 or 5 sliced white button mushrooms
1 Chopped green onion
Salt
Oregano
Pepper
4 Tblspns butter
1 tblspn flour
1.5 cups milk
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
3 chopped slices of deli turkey meat

Procedure
Boil 2-3 quarts of salted water
Boil ravioli for 5-8 minutes
In a pan over medium-high heat, heat oil
Add mushrooms
Salt mushrooms
Add a dash of oregano and pepper
Add green onion
Remove from pan into a seperate container (plate, bowl, etc.)
Melt butter in pan over medium heat
Add flour, whisking and allowing flour and butter to combine
Let flour/butter mixture to cook a bit (approx. 3 minutes)
Slowly add milk
Add pepper and salt
Let thicken
Add cheese and mushroom mix
Stir and top ravioli with white sauce, any left over cheese, and chopped turkey

And Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment