Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mushu "Pork"


The following is my version of mushu pork. The parenthises basically symbolizes the switch I made from pork to ground turkey. It was especially delicious because of the contrast in textures. The mixture pictured was softer, bold in flavor, and meaty. The lettuce cups that I placed this filling into were crisp, crunchy, and light. It's a great meal when I feel like I need to incorporate more veggies into my diet, especially because almost all of it is vegetable and only one component is a protein. I regret, because I made this during the year and it has been quite a while, I won't be able to write down everything that is involved in the process, but I'll try to be as thorough as possible.

Ingredients
Bean Sprouts
Mushrooms
Scallions/Green onions
Sliced water chestnuts
Onions
Ground turkey
Hoisin sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Lettuce

Procedure
Heat a pan to medium heat. Add meat. Add salt and pepper and allow to brown. Add vegetables. Allow the water to cook off from the mixture. Add a tablespoon of hoisin sauce. If it is not coating the mixture well, you may add a fourth of a cup of the vinegar to thin it out. Otherwise, add the vinegar after the sauce is incorporated and let cook off a bit. When the mixture is done, spoon desired into prepared lettuce cups and devour! Who said asians couldn't make tacos?... Oh, no one? Well, its delicious anywho!

No comments:

Post a Comment